Dr. Al Costanza offers services based upon principles of Functional Medicine. This means means he looks at the body as a functioning whole vs. made up of a bunch of parts. In other words, the functional medicine approach utilizes ‘systems biology’, meaning all the organ systems communicate with each other. Therefore, we offer personalized lifestyle and nutritional counseling services and programs are highly individualized and based upon your unique individual and metabolic needs (as determined by assessments and evaluation)
Overall, we offer a variety of services:
Two types of evaluation/consultation (See question 2)
Three types of year-long concierge programs (See question 3)
Assessment and consultation services a-la carte (See question 7)
Acupuncture sessions and Reiki sessions by appointment.
2. What types of Evaluations/Assessments do you offer? We offer two main types of evaluations (Comprehensive and Modified) which include various means of assessment that are completely non-invasive such as Bio-Electrical Impedance Analysis (BIA), and Meridian Autonomic Testing (point of care testing), and questionnaires.
Comprehensive Health Evaluation and Assessment. This is our most popular type of evaluation and the first place we start with most patients. It is comprised of two 60-90 minute visits. The first visit we are extensively reviewing your health history, BIA and related point of care testing, dispensing urine and saliva kits and collecting data. On the second visit we will lay out a personalized comprehensive lifestyle program, specific dietary and supplement recommendations; customized to your particular strengths and weaknesses..
Modified Health Evaluation and Assessment. This is for the patient that his or her foundational health is in good standing, but has one of two symptoms they would like to to resolve. It is comprised of two 45-60 minute visits. The first visit we are extensively reviewing your health history, again with BIA and related point of care testing, dispensing urine and saliva kits and collecting data. On the second visit we will lay out a personalized comprehensive lifestyle program with a dietary plan and supplement recommendations customized to your particular strengths and weaknesses.*Unlike the Comprehensive, the Modified Health Evaluation does not include assessment of nutrient inefficiencies, metabolic type and brain chemical imbalances
3. What types of concierge programs do you offer?
TheComprehensive Concierge Alternative Care Plan A is for the patients who are serious and committed to attaining optimal health. Especially those who prefer not to have to take medication or want to get off of their meds (with the collaboration and guidance of their physician). This includes an initial free consultation, Comprehensive Health Evaluation and Assessment (see question 2), plus monthly visits for one year and six BIA testings all with over 60% savings.
TheComprehensive Concierge Alternative Care Program B includes the Modified Health Evaluationand then the patient comes once a months, for another 10 visits for an entire year.
TheComprehensive Concierge Alternative Care Program Cincludes again the Modified Health Evaluation, then the patient comes for 5 visits, every other months for an entire year.
4. What is the point of signing up for a Concierge Program? This is a commitment on your part as well as Dr. Al's part to commit to your wellness journey. It takes years of one's life to get in a bad place (health-wise) and therefore it will take a little bit of time to really improve your health as well. Signing up for a concierge program is to helps commit yourself to your wellness journey and ensure that you will be supported by a trained professional through any peaks and valleys that you may face along the way.
5. What is the most popular program that you offer? Our most popular program is the Concierge Program A. Over 60% choose the Comprehensive Concierge Alternative Care Plan A and then continue coming once a month for one year. We have many clients who have re-signed up year after year on this program to maintain their health. However, due to the upfront cost and the nature of an individuals goals, coming and paying per visit works as well. The Comprehensive Concierge Alternative Care Plan A is for the patients who are serious and committed to attaining optimal health - Especially those who prefer not to have to take medication or want to get off of their medications (with the collaboration and guidance of their physician).
6. Does health insurance cover your services? No, however, we can make recommendations that will work for you.
7. What other services do you offer A-La Carte?
Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) with consultation: This is a noninvasive test which measures the body at the cellular level - results reveal you body composition and "biological age". This includes consultation with Dr. Al to ensure that you understand an accurate interpretation of results. You will also receive a print out of your results.
Applied Kinesiology or Muscle Testing: The body doesn’t lie. Based upon principles of energy medicine along with the nervous system muscle testing is a great tool to determine what the body needs or rejects.
Office Visit with Dr. Al: Can range from 30 to 90 minutes. Usually one or two visits and the patient is off and running. Details explained during new patient initial 15 minute free consultation.
8. What happens during the initial free consultation? First you will fill out a new patient form, then you will meet with Dr. Al. During this time, he will ask you some questions about your primary health concerns or health goals and then explain how he may work with you to help you manage imbalances using a functional medicine perspective. Based on your concerns, he may recommend one of our programs to you, but of course it would be entirely up to you if/how you would like to continue.